Bishop Michael A. Blue
A Biographical Sketch
- Michael A. Blue was born in North Carolina and was reared from infancy in Sellers, South Carolina.
- Attended the schools of Marion District #1, Marion, South Carolina.
- Graduated from Francis Marion University. B. A. in English (1985)
- In 1986 he became an English instructor at the Marion High School.
- He served as an award winning educator for twenty-five (25) years.
As a child, he
- Attended The Greater Highway Church of Christ, Latta, SC.
- Was a member of The New Mt. Zion A.M.E. Church, Sellers, SC, where he served the church in many capacities.
- Joined the Born Again Church of Jesus Christ (Bishop John W. Barber) – 1977.
- Served the local church as musician, Sunday school teacher, and youth president.
- Preached his first official sermon and was licensed in July of 1980.
- Was ordained an Elder in August of 1987.
- Served the Born Again Church in various state and national functions.
- Taught high school English from 1986 through 2011.
- In 1988, Began a Black History Month choir at Marion High School.
- Developed choir into an elective credit-earning course renamed the Marion High School Gospel Chorus.
- Was named MHS Teacher of the Year 2002-2003.
- Was named Marion District One Teacher of The Year 2003-2004.
- In 1990, founded the Chosen Generation Community Youth Choir creating an outlet for youth to participate in a holistic artistic expression and allowing God to so mark them so that many of them are leaders in the Kingdom even to this day.
Marriage, Family, and Pastorate
The year of 1991 was a year of destiny for then Elder Blue.
- Received special inspiration from Revelation 3:8, “Behold, I have set before thee an open door…” This precipitated the ministry that ultimately led to establishment of The Door of Hope Church.
- On June 8, 1991 was joined in holy matrimony to the former Malinda J. Tarte of Camden, NJ.
- To this union two children -- Michala and Michael II (a.k.a. “B.J.”) -- have been added.
- And finally in August of that year, he began to teach a Bible study in the home of a co-worker’s relative. This Bible study was destined to evolve into a local church.
- In February of 1992, Elder and Sister Blue became the founding pastors of The Door of Hope Christian Church.
- Dedicated the Church’s Worship and Ministry Center (March 2001).
- Led the congregation in paying off the building in less than nine years (December 2010), burning the mortgage (February 2011) amidst the Great Recession.
- Was consecrated to the bishopric in December of 1997.
- Served as an assistant diocesan and a diocesan from 1997 until 2000.
- Has served as Presiding Prelate of the Christian Covenant Fellowship of Ministries (CCFM), from its establishment in December of 2000 until the present.
He is the host of a number of annual conference events among which are the following:
- Annual CCFM Conference (June),
- “Structured for Increase” Leadership Conference (October).
- Marriage Enrichment Conference
- Kingdom of the Arts and Media Conference
CCFM consists of leaders, churches, and ministries in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Illinois, Ohio, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York.
- Another regional event that spawned as a result of Bishop Michael Blue’s ministry is the New York City CCFM Conference.
- The NY City CCFM Leadership Alliance is the host organization for this gathering.
Music / Media Ministry
- Has been a soloist and co-producer in several musical projects.
- His song “Didn’t I Tell Ya” was the title song for Blackberry Records artist Murphy Pace and the Voices of Power in their 1996 release.
- Released a CD project entitled God Shall Supply, produced by nationally renowned Gospel producer, Elder Steven Ford (2004)
- Released a 3-CD project entitled The Rewarder, A Prayer Tool (2010)
- Has been a featured panelist on the nationally syndicated television and radio show, The Right Side with Armstrong
- Is the weekly speaker on the church’s regional television, web streaming, and radio broadcasts.
- Is the author of Building Credibility in Leadership: Principles for Secondary Leaders (Creation House, 2011).
- State senator’s advisory council (Sen. Kent Williams- Marion County, SC)
- the Superintendent’s Community Advisory Committee
- DAODAS (SC Department of Alcohol and other Drug Abuse Services) SC Faith Advisory Network
- WELVISTA (healthcare organization for the uninsured) development committee.
- Gives motivational / inspirational talks to youth at schools.
- Conducts leadership seminars and conferences for churches and fellowships.
- Has served as a guest speaker for educational conferences (e.g. South Carolina Association of Black School Educators, Florence School District #5’s Opening Convocation) and other community events.
- Presently a member of the South Carolina State Board of Education (2010-2013).
- Doctor of Divinity degree in May of 2010 - Cathedral Bible College
- Doctor of Humanities degree in December of 2010 - Francis Marion University
Bishop Michael Blue…
a husband and father, a musician, and a student of the Word, desires to know Christ more intimately, and to make Him known more fully.